Creating small but consistent habits can have a transformative impact on your well-being at work.
Incorporate these 6 simple habits into your daily routine and conquer your day with less stress.
- Self-reflect: Check-in with yourself throughout the day, just like you would a friend. Ask yourself how your day is going, rate it out of 10, and bring awareness to your emotions. This isn’t about seeking solutions to anything, but creating self-awareness. By pausing and acknowledging yourself, you set the stage for better emotional regulation throughout the day. Which results in responding vs reacting.
- Take a break: Breaks don’t have to be long, they just have to be quality. A quality break means that it refuels you; so get outside, breathe some fresh air and disconnect from work for a while. Leave the phone behind & open your eyes to your environment.
- Focus on that you can control: When you’re faced with challenges, acknowledge the situation then consider one step you could take to move forward with more comfort. Don’t anchor on what you can’t control, look towards those things you can control to lessen your irritations.
- Connect with your colleagues: Greet your peers with authenticity, build rapport, and check-in with others throughout the day. This creates and nurtures a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Practice gratitude: Incorporate a form of daily gratitude into your routine. It can be as simple as jotting down three things you appreciate each morning or evening. Gratitude encourages your brain to expand its focus toward positive and meaningful aspects of your life. This shift in perspective will enhance your overall well-being and resilience.
- Post-work recharge: Nurture your non-work self by investing time in the activities you love. Dedicate moments to your hobbies, whether it’s reading, gardening, adventuring, or exploring new creative pursuits.
“The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones” – Confucius